Saturday, October 06, 2012

Apples, Apples, Apples

Everyone has been talking about apples. They are "in season" right now here in East Tennessee. I decided that I needed to visit Sevier County today so I could go to my two favorite apple places as well as to spend a little time just getting away.

The first stop was the Apple Barn in Sevierville.

I wanted one of their apple pies. (I actually bought a box of 4 and managed to only eat the one I wanted right then. I had one later for supper. The others will be for tomorrow.)


As I was driving between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, I noticed how low the mountain streams were. It's a bit higher at this point because of the rapids, but you could easily walk across on the rocks in most places.


There's no better place to purchase fresh apples than Carver's Orchard in Cosby. They have a restaurant there too and sell other produce as well. (I prefer to get my dried apples at the Apple Barn.)







No comments: