Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Open Season by Archer Mayor (Book Review)

Mayor, Archer. Open Season. New York: Putnam, 1988.

When members of a jury that served on a murder case about three years previously in Brattlesboro, Vermont are threatened and even killed, Lt. Joe Gunther informally reopens the case. It's not long before he and others are in danger as well. Who is the mysterious person behind the "ski mask"? Was the person brought to trial for the old murder case framed? It's up to Joe to find out before he meets the same fate as others. While I enjoyed this first installment, I really didn't like some aspects of the case, primarily because some parts were out of my comfort/toleration zone. If I read additional installments, I will want to make sure that those elements are not present in future installments.  3 stars.

No comments: