Friday, July 04, 2008

Web Roundup - July 4

It's the news for which we've all been waiting! (I want to downgrade!)


Washington's boyhood home has been discovered by archaeologists.

Harold at Midwestern Microhistory shares a tip about searching geographic information in BYU's digital collections. I've added this site to my del.icio.us bookmarks!

Lesa shared a wonderful story about her family vacations when she was a child in her post about forgotten books. I'm just trying to picture 30 books plus all the other things the family must have had to bring along in that van! I wonder if today's children will have similar stories of their "staycations."

Thanks to Becky for bringing back memories of what I used to do on the 4th of July.

The Cincinnati Enquirer has an interesting story about a Revolutionary War patriot and his burial location--possibly in the ball park!

2 comments:

Becky Wiseman said...

Lori - I still buy at least one box of sparklers to light up on the 4th! Glad you liked the pictures, thanks for the link.

Lesa said...

Oh, Lori,

There was actually more than 30 because my youngest sister was allowed 15, too. She was just too young to read the same books.

So, five people in that van, plus, as you said, everything we needed for a month's vacation.

Wonderful memories of those trips!