Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Something old . . . something new . . . something yummy!

I think I gained a reputation for food blogging last month on my Boston trip. I hate to disappoint you all by omitting a photograph but I failed to take one earlier in the day as I was consuming this decadent treat!

One of the highlights of summer for Southerners has got to be blackberry cobbler. There's just nothing better than a dish of it with some ice cream on top when blackberries are in season. I didn't have the "old" traditional version of this treat, but I did have something new.

Last week the grocery store was running a special on Blue Bell ice cream. Now Blue Bell's homemade vanilla is one of my favorites because it tastes just like home-churned ice cream. When they run the ice cream on sale, I usually get a tub of the homemade vanilla and one of the Pecan Pralines 'n Cream. This time I decided I already had a tub of the homemade vanilla in my freezer and opted to get two flavors simply because I spotted "Southern Blackberry Cobbler" in the case. According to Blue Bell's web site, it is a rotating flavor so I'm glad I decided to get it this month because it may not be around next one. It had the flavor of the berries cooked down and the pie crust as well as the wonderful "homemade vanilla" taste of the ice cream. There are only a couple more days this month so I advise everyone to run out and buy a tub before they take it out of the dairy case (or it sells out)! If you live outside of the states Blue Bell is sold (Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas), you need to demand that they start selling in your state. It's that good!

No comments: