Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Non-Fiction Five Challenge: Book 5

Andros, Howard S. Buildings and Landmarks of Old Boston: A Guide to the Colonial, Provincial, Federal, and Greek Revival Periods, 1630-1850. Hanover: University Press of New England, 2001.

This is my final book in the non-fiction five challenge. You will find a complete list of my books read on my April 26 post announcing my participation.

4.5 stars. This is a nice introduction to some of the historic buildings and sites around Boston. A person walking around Boston will see many more architecturally interesting buildings from these periods and beyond about which he wishes to know more facts, but this guide does a pretty good job of covering the major ones and even offers maps showing their locations. There are several items in the bibliography that I would like to read as well!

No comments: