Sunday, February 24, 2008

My 700th Post

This is my 700th post. It's going to be one of those posts that really doesn't have a single topic because it's been a very busy day for me (as are most Sundays).

I spent the late afternoon conducting auditions for the speaking parts in our church's children's musical for the spring. After getting home from church tonight, I'm just now getting around to checking email, reading blogs, etc. I guess I just haven't had time to think up a better post. I'm not as organized as my cousin Terry who has his posts for the week determined in advance. I guess that's how those of us who are "ENTP" are!

Most of you know that I have a weakness for cats! I love the cross stitch project Renee has just completed. It's a Margaret Sherry pattern for the spring "Cool Cat."

I found the Lynn Shoeworkers Strike post, the post on the Irish famine, and the post about Natick's establishment interesting this week at Mass Moments.

Muddy called his post "How to Get Attention," but I thought it might have an alternate title as "Sitting Upon the Throne Where I Belong. Now go do my bidding."

Randy is extending a discussion that we have been having on the APG mailing list about what people call their grandparents to the blogosphere. I've already replied to Carolyn privately so I won't confuse the mix by adding mine to the discussion again, but if you haven't contributed yours, please do so. It's become a very interesting discussion.

Now, I'm off to read. I'm in the midst of Murder on Marble Row by Victoria Thompson. This installment in the series is set in the late 1800s when Teddy Roosevelt is New York's police commissioner. This is the 6th book in the series, and I can't wait to get back to reading it. That should tell you something about how much I'm enjoying it!

One last thing . . . they are predicting snow for Wednesday. I hope they are right!

3 comments:

Terry Thornton said...

Lori, Congratulations on your 700th post! You've been busy.

But, Please! This fairytale that your cousin Terry has his articles all blogged and ready weeks in advance --- I WISH! Once I got more than ten days ahead and then I got generous and started posting two, three, and sometimes four articles per day and used them all up. Nowadays I'm mostly writing the blog on the day it is posted.

Again, congratulations on your 700th blog. And not one on vantoon dealing either. LOL!
TERRY

penguinn said...

Congrats on the 700!
But more snow??? NO, NO, NO!
I heard today that we have had 28 episodes of winter weather this winter. That has GOT to be a record. I don't think we've had a lot in total precipitation, but the frequency has sure been up and sick and tired of dealing with it. I'm ready to start worrying about tornadoes!!!

Janice said...

Lori,

Congratulations!!!

:::tosses confetti in the air::::

Janice