Tuesday, February 05, 2008

It's Super Tuesday . . .

and the lines were long where I voted. I stood in line for an hour. Because the polls didn't open until 8 a.m. here, I had to wait until after work to go vote. When I lived in Ohio, the polls opened at least by 6:30 a.m. I voted on my way to work (at the funeral home--now that's a unique polling location). Here in Tennessee, I vote at a school. During the last couple of days, I've had 5 calls from 3 candidates. (Of course, they were pre-recorded.) What really surprised me was that one of the calls was made later this afternoon by Huckabee after he'd taken West Virginia. How did he know that I hadn't already voted? Tennessee has early voting. I could have gone earlier in the day.

1 comment:

Thomas MacEntee said...

Chicago has early voting and I voted last Thursday, January 31 which was the last day. I figured nothing "cataclysmic" could happen between then and yesterday to affect my vote. All jokes aside about "vote early, vote often" in Chicago, it works very well.

I actually favor the California system which I used when I lived there for 20 years: anyone could go on permanent absentee voting. That means close to 25% of voters mail in their ballots.

Even better is the Oregon method of mail in elections only.