Friday, February 01, 2008

Carnival of Irish Genealogy #3

Lisa has posted the 3rd edition of the Carnival of Irish Genealogy over at Small-Leaved Shamrock. I didn't contribute this time because I couldn't come up with anything. It's a little harder when you don't spend a lot of time researching Irish ancestry. I think that the biggest surprises that I've had so far is that the closest thing to an Irish ancestor I've found so far is the family of the Rev. Nathan Ward's family. Her maiden name is Tamasin (or Tamsin) Ireland. Her father was Abraham Ireland. I haven't taken the family across the big pond yet as I haven't had a lot of time to work on either the Ward or Ireland lines. I'm working on lines that are closer to me before moving on to those for more intensive work. Lisa has also included the call for the 4th carnival on her post. I have a month to get inspired!

2 comments:

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

I don't know if this has come up before or not. Rev. Nathan Ward was my 2nd cousin 7x rem. Most of what I have on the Wards comes from The William Ward Genealogy, by Charles Martyn 1925. Because the line has been researched by so many others I haven't spent the time on it that I should have. I descend from Elizabeth Ward 1643-1710 and William Kerley.

Lori Thornton said...

I guess that makes us cousins! That line has been pretty well-researched. My problem with so many of the published genealogies on New England families is that they lack citations (documentation)! I guess I won't be satisfied until I have it done right! Nathan is pretty interesting to me because he seems to have been heavily influenced by George Whitefield of Great Awakening fame (at least from what I've read).