Tuesday, January 01, 2008

My Version - Greatest Genealogical Find

Craig Manson has challenged geneabloggers to follow his lead in naming their greatest genealogical find. For my greatest find, it would be what I discovered when I ordered the mother's pension file described in this August post and in subsequent research Georgia records. It didn't get me much further back, but it had taken me so many years to find a record which gave her maiden name that I was thrilled to find that much. I discovered that I haven't blogged my subsequent research on that line so I've got to do that one day soon. I will state that most of the research focuses on researching two families with similar names in the county to determine from which Agnes was descended. One was wealthier; that's not her family. I concluded that her surname was probably Branham or Branum rather than Barnum.

No comments: