Tuesday, December 25, 2007

News & Blog Roundup

Washington state: Save the school librarian.

Carson-Newman Choir: On the way back to the States from Bethlehem.

From 1895 to 1958: Eggnog. A tale of two Christmases. It's an article from the New York Times in 1958.

Another steroid scandal. You'll have to click to see who the users are.

A look at some historic housing in New York. Some interesting stories here.

Santa's diary entry for last night. Roaming charges, "lying" songs, and OnStar all play a part.

Disappearing: The bedtime story. That's sad. I remember bedtime stories well. I had a well-worn book with a bunch of short bedtime stories when I was a kid. I kind of think there may have been 365--one for each day. I don't remember those stories now--but I know back then I had a few favorites that I'd go back and read myself after I was old enough to read. There are so many delightful picture books out there nowadays that there is no excuse not to read before bedtime! (My message to parents: Read to your kids.)

Update: I just noticed that this was my 600th post!

No comments: