Saturday, December 01, 2007

Christmas Tree


Did you have a real tree or was it artificial?


When I was young, we had a real tree. Later, when mom’s allergies were worse, we had an artificial one. I have an artificial one now, but I toy with the idea of a real one. I just have such a busy holiday schedule, though, that the thought of caring for a real one is almost overwhelming. In fact, I just replaced my tree with one that has the prestrung lights.


How big was the tree?


The real trees were probably 6 or 7 feet tall. It's been so long that I honestly don't remember and can only estimate by the photos. The artificial one we had the longest was probably 4 to 5 feet tall. Later we had a 6 foot one. My present tree is about 6.5 feet tall.


Who decorated the tree?


The entire family (or at least the women and children) decorated the tree. My brother's family and I usually decorate my parents' tree at Thanksgiving. With the death of my uncle during that holiday this year, our schedule got a bit off, so my sister-in-law was going back to Mom's this weekend to get the family tree up. Brumley tries to help me decorate ours. He enjoys batting at the ornaments on the lower limbs.

No comments: