Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas and the Arts

Did your family attend any special events or performances during the holidays?

Amory, Mississippi was not exactly the arts capital of America. We, of course, had the usual Christmas pageants at church, but ours was very simplistic and followed the same format every year. When I was in band, we had Christmas concerts every year. I really don't remember attending anything more extravagant than those two events growing up.

As an adult, I've directed children's musicals and such and participated in cantatas at previous churches and in the Living Christmas Tree at our church (which by the way is coming up this weekend). In fact, I'm missing the dress rehearsal as I type this because I have been trying to come up with a way to ebb the flow of my nose since yesterday. I'm really proud of my children's choir, and the way they performed for last Sunday night's program! They did a great job.

2 comments:

Janice said...

Lori,

You sound like a very talented woman. I myself cannot carry a tune, and so I admire anyone who can.

Janice

Thomas MacEntee said...

Bless you for your directing talents - I know it is a thankless job!