Friday, September 14, 2007

A Very Interesting Book

As many of you know, I'm a librarian. As I was cataloging some of our newest additions, I came across a very interesting little book entitled The Walker Sisters of Little Greenbrier by Rose Houk. This is a delightful little full-color book of about 60 pages that talks about the lives of Margaret, Polly, Martha, Nancy, Louisa, and Hettie Walker who lived in the settlement of Little Greenbrier which is inside the Great Smoky Mountains National Park today. Some of you may have visited the Little Greenbrier schoolhouse inside the park. It's "chock full" of family photos, family household item photos, and a nice little history of the family that is interesting because it includes stuff from their daily lives and environment. There are even some poems that Louisa wrote included. I may have to purchase my own copy!

No comments: