Saturday, June 16, 2007

Love This Idea

One of the blogs I have in my feeds is that of the Lane Public Library in Hampton, New Hampshire. One may wonder why a Southern girl reads a blog from New Hampshire, but the reason is quite simple. I have ancestors who lived in Hampton for many years, mostly during the colonial period. Lane Public Library has done a great job putting many items online for those of us researching our Hampton ancestors. As many of you know, I'm also a librarian so I'm interested in books and reading. They've just come up with a summer reading game for adults where readers will read their way through all 50 states. It's a great concept. The rules are quite simple. It doesn't matter if the book is fiction or non-fiction, as long as it relates to the state. You just have to read one per state. They have prizes for every 5 books read. They even offer reading suggestions for each state.

No comments: